Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday, April 9, 2018 starting Night by Elie Weisel

Hello 10th grade, I am sorry I am still out. This week you will meet Mr. Smith who should be awesome and available for awhile until I get back. As many of you know, I am taking some time to care for my mother who is ill, my husband, who recently went into the hospital with a heart condition, and trying to take on most responsibilities at home. I miss you and care about you, but hope you will understand I need to take care of my family right now. I will be updating grades - I know many of you are waiting. Email me with questions or pass them on to Mr. Smith and I will get back to you. Work well, take care of your selves, have fun, but not too much fun....

1. Book Check Out - Night by Elie Wiesel 

If you have your ID, please show it to the sub and then go check out a copy of Night, our class reading on the Holocaust.
If you would like to check out an additional book of your choice, or another one on Genocide in addition to Night - please do so.

2. Please read Chapter 1 by Wednesday.

3. Please complete Night Chapter 1 Vocab by Wednesday.

Assignments you should have completed last week:
  • Tuesday & Wednesday Adolf Eichmann reading and assignment  
  • Thursday - OPTION #1 (Partner): Holocaust Webquest - In partners you explore some of the major stages of the holocaust OR  OPTION #2 (Individual work, but brainstorm in partners): Ranking Rights - you will rank certain freedoms / rights you have and explore how much you value each and why
Letters on gun laws, mental health, school safety & Creative projects should have been completed, shared and / or turned in.